Can TruGreen kill your dogs?

With the recent news that TruGreen is being responsible for killing dogs, we wanted to dive into the topic and find out whether it’s true. After all, TruGreen is a company with a long history of providing lawn care services, and many people have good things to say about them. We know pets are an important part of your family, so we’re committed to helping you make informed decisions for hiring lawn care companies.

Let’s start with the most important questions:

Can TruGreen kill your dogs?

The short answer is yes, but only if you use it wrong. If you’re using their products correctly and in the right amounts, then there is no reason to worry about killing your dogs.

To understand how to keep your dog safe, we need to know what TruGreen is made of and how it works.

TruGreen has been known to use two types of chemicals: 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D) and 2-methyl-4-chlorophenoxy acetate (MCPA). Both of these chemicals are used as herbicides for killing weeds. These herbicides are often used in combination with other chemicals like Trimec or MCPA 50WG so that they can be more effective against weeds. These herbicides can cause irritation or eye injury if they come into contact with skin or eyes.

Therefore, it is important that people who have pets should be careful when applying these herbicides around the home. This will ensure they do not accidentally get onto the pet’s fur or paws where they could come into contact with them while walking outside on the grassy areas where these products were recently sprayed

But as with any product, there are certain situations where using TruGreen incorrectly can cause harm to animals. For example, if you have a dog that likes to eat grass even though you’ve tried everything under the sun to stop him from doing so (like putting bitter apple spray on the lawn), then you probably shouldn’t use this herbicide in the yard where he goes grazing!

Another scenario is if your landscaper applies too much of this product into a flower bed where your dog likes to lay down for a nap after a long walk around town with her owner (I mean who wouldn’t want a nap after a long walk around town?).

Symptoms of TruGreen pesticide poisoning in dogs

There are a variety of symptoms that can indicate pesticide poisoning in dogs. The most common symptoms include:

Vomiting or diarrhea: This can be a symptom of TruGreen pesticide poisoning in dogs. If your dog is vomiting and/or having diarrhea, you should take them to the vet immediately. This can be a sign that they have been poisoned by pesticides.

Loss of appetite: Pets that have been poisoned by TruGreen pesticides may also lose their appetite which can lead to malnourishment. If your pet has lost their appetite, it’s important to take them to the vet right away so they can get treatment.

Lethargy and weakness: If your pet has been exposed to pesticides, they may become lethargic and weak because they aren’t getting the proper nutrients from their food anymore. This means that your pet will need extra care if they have been poisoned by pesticides so that they don’t become too weak from being malnourished for too long!

Nosebleeds: Nosebleeds are another common symptom of TruGreen pesticide poisoning in dogs because the chemicals used on crops irritate the nasal passages causing bleeding inside the nose itself which can lead to further complications down the road if left untreated.

Tremors: One symptom is tremors, which may be seen as shivering or shaking. They can be a sign that the dog has been poisoned by a nerve-agent pesticide, such as paraquat and diquat.

Death: This happen in extreme cases. If your dog dies after being exposed to pesticides, it’s important to contact a veterinarian and have them perform an autopsy. Your vet may also ask you to bring in any leftover portions of the plant where your dog could have been exposed so they can determine if it was indeed a pesticide that killed him.

What to do if your dog has been exposed to TruGreen pesticide poisoning?

If your dog is exposed to TruGreen pesticide poisoning, there are a few things you can do to help them recover.

First, if the exposure was recent, take them to the vet as soon as possible. The vet will check for symptoms of exposure and administer any necessary care. If your pet has been exposed to TruGreen but has not displayed symptoms yet, visit your vet anyway—it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Second, keep an eye out for any signs of illness in your pet. This includes vomiting or diarrhea, depression or lethargy, lack of appetite, difficulty breathing (or wheezing), excessive thirst or increased urination. These are all symptoms that may show that your pet has been poisoned by pesticides from TruGreen and should see a veterinarian immediately.

Finally, stay calm! It might seem scary at first when you find out that your dog has been exposed to pesticides from TruGreen, but there is no need for panic. With proper care and attention from a veterinarian and owner alike (and maybe some rest!), the chances are good that your dog will recover quickly and fully.

How to prevent your dog from TruGreen pesticide poisoning?

There are many ways you can keep your canine companion safe from pesticides. If you’re a dog owner, then it is important that you know how to keep them safe when they are around any chemicals, including TruGreen pesticides.

Keep Your Dog Away From TruGreen Sprays and Chemicals

This is one of the simplest ways to prevent your dog from getting poisoned by pesticides. Simply keep them away from areas where pesticides have been sprayed or used for other such as cleaning up after mowing the lawn, weeding flower beds or applying fertilizer on plants in your yard during spring/summer months when pests like mosquitoes come out of hiding places during daylight hours because temperatures warm up outside weather get warmer too (temperature change).

Keep all TruGreen pesticides out of reach of children and pets

We should keep pesticides in locked cabinets or containers where children and your dog cannot reach them easily. If you are using a sprayer for applying insecticides around the house, then make sure that it has been emptied after use so that children don’t try drinking out of it by mistake (some sprayers have been found full of poison after being re-used, and children have been poisoned).

Use only the recommended dose of TruGreen pesticides for your particular problem

Keep in mind that there is huge a risk of poisoning when using any chemical product—including pesticides. It’s vital to read the label on any pesticide before you use it and follow all instructions carefully.

FAQs regarding TruGreen poisoning in dogs

Here are some answersto commonly asked questions regarding TruGreen poisoning in dogs:

Is it safe for my dog to go outside after applying TruGreen?

Yes, as long as you make sure that he doesn’t eat any of the pesticide granules or drink from contaminated water sources. We recommend you to wait at least 48 hours before your dog goes outside.

How does a dog get poisoned by TruGreen pesticide?

When you walk your dog on a lawn that’s been treated with pesticides, there’s a risk of your dog being exposed to them if they lick themselves or roll on their backs in the grass after it has been treated. You can also be exposed if you accidentally ingest or touch something in your yard that has been treated with pesticides and then touch your mouth or your dog’s mouth.

What should I do if my dogs eats some granules?

If your dog has eaten a small amount of poison (such as when he’s been chewing on grass), then chances are that he’ll be fine just by itself. However, if his stomach is empty, call your vet immediately so they can prescribe an antidote for him.

Are there any long-term effects of TruGreen pesticide poisoning in dogs?

Yes, the long-term effects include damage to the liver and kidneys. The dog may also experience weakness, fatigue, weight loss and loss of appetite.

How long does it take to recover from pesticide poisoning in dogs?

The time to recover depends on the dog’s age and size, as well as how much of the substance was ingested. The average recovery period is one to two weeks after treatment begins.


The bottom line is that pesticide poisoning in dogs can be deadly. While some may argue that it’s worth the risk to use chemicals on your lawn, especially if you have a large yard and don’t want to spend a lot of time maintaining it, there are other ways to keep your grass green without exposing your dog to harmful chemicals. Talk with the local lawn care company to find 100% pet friendly products that won’t harm your dog, or consider getting rid of the grass and planting some beautiful flowering plants instead.

Share This Article To Help Others: